Irish Young People are using Mission Marketing to Reach the Hearts and Minds of their customers, users and communities. Check out Module 6 Marketing Young Digital Social Innovation where you will learn how young people from Ireland and across Europe have used the power of digital storytelling and mission marketing to impact and advance their projects. Learn the skills they used and what they considered when developing some of the most motivating and engaging stories. You will learn the technologies that are available to tell your stories and bring your brand to life.
Story telling is a powerful tool for inspiring action and change and influencing people.
With the acceleration of digital technology and the world moving quicker than ever and people more connected than ever to stories and information. Storytelling marketing is one of the most powerful ways to communicate impactful digital social innovation projects.
Social innovation stories are the stories people crave to hear, the encouraging positivity of change in the right direction, doing ‘social good’ for everyone concerned and having positive impact on the world leading us into the future are the stories people want to hear.
Why is Storytelling Important?
Storytelling Brings Brands and Social Innovation Ideas to Life!
Storytelling is critical especially when you are telling a story about people. Stories are part of who we are. They should describe how your company came about, the reason it exists and where you want to go in the future.
One example of brand storytelling that helps support a company’s product is Warby Parker’s “How Warby Parker Glasses Are Made.” The video follows a pair of glasses from the beginning stages of design to the final stage of production.
Stories Help People Connect with You Emotionally!
- ‘Storytelling allows your audience to get to know you and the ‘social good’ you are doing, by putting a real face, voice and person to the story’
- ‘Storytelling allows you to connect with people on how something feels in comparison to others. Therefore connecting people through human feeling and emotion’
- ‘Storytelling is a great way for two completely different people to be able to relate to each other for the first time on the same level’.
How Kitche Tells It’s Story!
Kitche is a free app designed to save you money and food waste at home!
‘Kitche is designed to reduce food waste and save you money at home. The average UK family tosses away about £70 of food per month. Kitche can help you stop this waste, using various helpful features’. Have a read in the next slide to see more examples of how they tell their story….
How Kitche Tells It’s Story!
- Publications on Website. Kitche tell their story by publishing features on famous publications like Daily Mail, Metro…on their website
- Explain how Kitche works using simple easy to understand App graphics so people can understand and talk about it easily
- Have a Short Demo Video
- Show People Credibility by showing who supports them. Press section in website (BBC, Mirror, ITV….). Sector Supporters on website (Tech Nation Net Zero, FoodTech…)
- Social Media Channels
Check out the full Module to see more information and more examples! There are some truly talented and inspiring young digital social entrepreneurs across Ireland and Europe.
Full Course & Modules https://www.ydsi.eu/digital-social-innovation/